Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Living beyond your means.

When I was in high-school a friend said he and I should split an appartment. I said there was no way we could afford that. I had a part-time job and knew that without working full-time and overtime it was not going to happen.



He didn't believe me that we couldn't afford it. I said "do you know what groceries alone cost for a month?" He said "about $40". I told him that was far short of what we would need. I went grocery shopping. I had an idea of what food cost. His mother did the grocery shopping for his family and he didn't go to the store with her. A few years went by. He now has a very good idea what groceries and bills cost.



The following story is about how credit-card debt gets built up and how people learn to deal with it. It's not a long read and it is kind of interesting.



http://www.violentacres.com/archives/30/you-can-learn-a-lot-from-a-rich-girl

No comments: